Photo by Javier Sotres
Western Gold Theatre Auditions
Please check back for future auditions.
Thank you to all who auditioned for our 2023 season.
As a company comprised of established professionals in our senior years, we take great pride in the mentorship we offer to our younger colleagues as they share ‘the boards’ with us. In addition, we in turn learn from, and are inspired by, the extraordinary talent that is coming up through the ranks. It is a two-way street.
If you are an emerging arts professional interested in an apprenticeship (hands on and in the trenches with us!) please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of Mentorship. Include a resume (headshot if you’re an actor) and a cover letter outlining what your hopes and dreams are.
WESTERN GOLD employs and mentors emerging artists in all areas of operations.
- Assistant Directors
- Literary Managers
- Set/Lighting/Costume/Sound Designers
- Stage Management
- Marketing/Promotion/Social Media
- Outreach/Audience Development
Western Gold welcomes and encourages playwrights and new theatrical creations. If you have an idea, please contact email@example.com
Over the course of our history, Western Gold has commissioned, developed, and staged the following plays by Canadian playwrights:
- 2022 90 DAYS by Salim Rahemtulla
- 2021 Quills Don’t Tweet 2 conceived and created by Bernard Cuffling and Anna Hagan
- 2021 The Ballad of Georges Boivin by Martin Bellemare, Translated from French by Jack Paterson and Johanna Nutter
- 2018 Red Birds by Aaron Bushkowsky
- 2016 Comfort Cottages by Jane Clayton & Judy Ginn Walchuk
- 2008 Old Goriot by James Fagan Tait
- 2004 One Last Kiss by Aaron Bushkowsky
- 2003 Strangers Among Us by Aaron Bushkowsky
Western Gold welcomes programming ideas, play submissions and community engagement initiatives. If you have a project that you feel may be of interest to us, please submit the project description, with a cover letter (and copy of the script if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Actors/Directors/Artists/Arts Professionals: If you are interested in working with Western Gold, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume (and headshot if an actor) with an accompanying cover letter to email@example.com
Creativity has no expiry date! ™
The McGrane-Pearson Endowment Fund, held at Vancouver Foundation
held at Vancouver Foundation
We gratefully acknowledge that we are on the traditional and unceded territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔɬ (Tsleil-Waututh) First Nations. We deeply thank them for so generously allowing us to live, work, and play on their beautiful lands.