Photo by Javier Sotres
As a company comprised of established professionals in our senior years, we take great pride in the mentorship we offer to our younger colleagues as they share ‘the boards’ with us. In addition, we in turn learn from, and are inspired by, the extraordinary talent that is coming up through the ranks. It is a two-way street.
If you are an emerging arts professional interested in an apprenticeship (hands on and in the trenches with us!) please contact us at email@example.com with the subject line of Mentorship. Include a resume (headshot if you’re an actor) and a cover letter outlining what your hopes and dreams are.
WESTERN GOLD employs and mentors emerging artists in all areas of operations.
- Assistant Directors
- Literary Managers
- Set/Lighting/Costume/Sound Designers
- Stage Management
- Marketing/Promotion/Social Media
- Outreach/Audience Development
Western Gold welcomes and encourages playwrights and new theatrical creations. If you have an idea, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Currently in development:
- Quills Don’t Tweet conceived and created by Bernard Cuffling and Anna Hagan
- Le Chant de Georges Boivin, by Quebecois playwright Martin Bellemare; translation by John Jack Patterson
Over the course of our history, Western Gold has commissioned, developed, and staged the following plays by Canadian playwrights:
- 2018 Red Birds by Aaron Bushkowsky
- 2016 Comfort Cottages by Jane Clayton & Judy Ginn Walchuk
- 2008 Old Goriot by James Fagan Tait
- 2004 One Last Kiss by Aaron Bushkowsky
- 2003 Strangers Among Us by Aaron Bushkowsky
Western Gold welcomes programming ideas, play submissions and community engagement initiatives. If you have a project that you feel may be of interest to us, please submit the project description, with a cover letter (and copy of the script if applicable) to email@example.com
Actors/Directors/Artists/Arts Professionals: If you are interested in working with Western Gold, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your resume (and headshot if an actor) with an accompanying cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Creativity has no expiry date!
The McGrane-Pearson Endowment Fund
McIlwaine Stewart Family Fund